Located on the southeast side of the Piazza of the University, Mr & Mrs Ho Ting Sik Visitor Information Center welcomes all visitors who want to know more about HKUST. In 2014, the Center refurbishment was contributed with the generous support from Mr & Mrs Ho Ting Sik. The objective of the refurbishment is to make the Visitor Information Center more functional, innovative and informational. It aims to engage community and foster better understanding of HKUST and the achievement to prospective students, parents, alumni, and all visitors. We have leveraged on the latest display technology to present the University in an interactive and creative way.
- Adopt a simple design as “Simple is beautiful”; making the 4 sets of interactive table the core elements and focal points.
- 4 sets of interactive table with 55” LCD multi-touch functions enabled to introduce about HKUST.
- The table consists of multi- touch points which allow 20 people to interact and use the table at the same time.
- Video on wall to display videos and photos dragged from interactive tables.
- Instead of placing a campus model, a hologram is deployed to introduce selected buildings and zones in the campus.
- Touch screen internet connection for internet browsing and further information search.
- Wide spectrum of leaflets and publications across Schools, Departments and Offices for visitors’ easy access.
Mr & Mrs Ho Ting Sik Visitor Information Center
G/F at the Piazza
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5:15pm
Close on Sunday and Public Holidays