1. Setup your web folder
- Open "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer".
- Select "Map Network Drive..." under the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Sign up for online storage or connect to a network server"
- Follow the Add Network Place Wizard to add your web folder.
- Enter the following "Internet or network address" when prompted.https://istore.ust.hk/~<ITSC network account>/Please note that the address should begin with "https" instead of "http" as secure network connection is required.
e.g. https://istore.ust.hk/~ccdemo/ for the account "ccdemo"
- Enter your ITSC Network Account and password when prompted. In some cases, the window prompts for your user name and password might be hidden from other active windows and you will need to bring it to the front by clicking on the corresponding one on the task bar.
- Enter a name for the network place, e.g. "My HKUST iStore".
In case you encountered the error "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another." when creating web folder with your Windows machine, you will need to apply the following web folder software update from Microsoft:
After installed the software update you will have to restart your PC.
2. Access to your web folderOnce you have setup the iStore web folder with your computer, you can access it via "My Network Places" under Windows Explorer or My Computer. You can then "drag-n-drop" files like Word document, PowerPoint, etc to and from your local PC using Windows Explorer.