Guidelines on HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address
Policies and Guidelines
- HKUST is a nonprofit educational institution and the use of its facilities,
including computer and network facilities, is limited to the educational
and other non-commercial purposes of its students, faculty, eligible staff
- Accordingly, computing and networking resources and the ability to use
a HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address are privileges extended to members
of the HKUST community, within the available resources of HKUST, and must
be exercised in conformity with all applicable HKUST policies and guidelines
and all applicable laws.
- HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address is a service provided for HKUST
students, graduates or Long-Serving Retirees / Leavers for the purpose of personal communications, and should
not be used as a channel for providing commercial services.
- Users are expected to keep their HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address
up-to-date. The University cannot guarantee the proper handling of emails
by outside parties when the emails are being forwarded.
- HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address is offered to HKUST students, graduates or Long-Serving Retirees / Leavers for free. The University reserves the right to set a charge
for this service in the future.
- All users are expected to observe acceptable standards of behaviour in
using HKUST Computing and Networking Services. Please read the
Acceptable Usage Policy and Personal Information
Collection (PIC) Statement carefully before proceeds to create your
own HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address.
- The use of this service is subject to the discretion and scrutiny of HKUST,
and/or in the event that HKUST becomes aware of a violation of policy or law,
HKUST reserves the right to disable this service for our users or take other
action as deemed appropriate by HKUST.
- If any person has any doubt as to the applicability of the policies and
guidelines referred to herein, such person should contact email@example.com
before taking any action.
- Persons who do not want their activities to be restricted by the policies
and guidelines contained in this document, are advised to contact commercial
Internet service providers.