|Email quota per account||
|If quota reached the threshold limit||
|Maximum size of outgoing message||
|Maximum no. of recipients per outgoing message||
200 email addresses
|New mail notification polling interval||
no shorter than 5 minutes
Email quota per account
- The default quota is 8 GB for staff (Exchange) and 4 GB for students, click here on how to check your mailbox usage.
- This quota is imposed to include both INBOX and all other mail folders.
- Accounts created before 6 Sept 2012: Will only be effective after explicitly turned on by the user.
- Accounts created on or after 6 Sept 2012: Spam Detection is turned on by default with medium detection level.
- User can choose to turn on / turn off Spam Detection, or adjust the detection level.
If quota exceeds ...
- Exchange Users:
- Shall receive quota warning mail when usage exceeded 95% of the quota limit.
- Cannot send / receive mail when mailboxes is 100% full and sender shall receive bounce back message.
- iMail Users:
- When usage exceeded 95% of the quota limit, "95% Warning" will be displayed when users browse their mailboxes (on clients which support IMAP ALERT command e.g. Thunderbird, etc.)
- Incoming emails that exceed the quota will be spooled up and retried by server in the first 90 days of the "95% Warning" alert. If it can't be delivered in 3 days from first reception, the mail will then bounce to the sender for the undelivered reason of over quota.
- After consecutive 90 days reaching the 95% limit, incoming message (larger than user's available disk space) will be bounced back to the sender immediately
- Users are advised to keep monitoring your mailbox usage to avoid any late delivery of incoming emails.
- Besides, it is suggested for you to archive or backup any less frequent access mailbox to local storage.
Maximum size of outgoing message
- The email server is configured to restrict the size of all outgoing messages to a maximum of 50 MB.
- Maximum of 100 MB among Exchanges users.
Maximum no. of recipients per outgoing message
- Only 200 recipients are accepted per message in an SMTP transaction. If you require to send email to a recipient lists more than 200, you are advised to use our mailing list service.
New mail notification polling interval
- As most of the new mail notification tools are establishing new IMAP/POP connection for checking new mail, too frequent checking will surely degrade our overall performance and cause others users to suffer. The suggested time interval should be no shorter than 5 minutes.