Important Note: This service
has been superseded by the Public Key Infrastructure project. Please refer to
our PKI webpage for
Communicator 4.04 and Internet Explorer 4.0
Netscape Communicator 4.04 provides maximum
interoperability to Internet Explorer with Digital certificate import/export feature. We recommend users to upgrade to this version before applying the Digital certificate.
Procedures to export digital certificate from Communicator to Internet Explorer
- In Communicator, select Communicator | Security Info.
- Click Yours in Certificates section to view what certificate you have
- Select certificate and click Export, it will prompt you to enter the password to encrypt your exported digital certificate and assoicated key
- Enter the filename to export the digtial certificate
- In Internet Explorer 4.0, Select View | Internet Option..., in Content tab, select Personal... from Certificates section
- It will show a list of certifcates, click Import..., enter the previous password that encrypted the certificate, and the location of exported file. Click OK
- The certificate is imported into the IE certificate database and ready for use with client authentication and S/MIME if OutLook Express was installed